- Xbox 360 Controller Driver for PC is a simple driver that allows you to use the Xbox 360 controller on XP-based PCs. Simple, easy and completely free, simply plug in your hardware, install the driver, and your controller will be automatically detected by your PC.
- Plug in your controller; Install XBCD (On Windows Vista/Windows 7 run as admin). Click next throughout till the driver is installed. Xbox 360 pad users will have an additional prompt to install an older driver over the common class driver, click yes on this prompt to complete installation. Reinstallations of the driver can be done at any.
- This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Driver Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver Xbox 360 Controller Driver Xbox 360 Controller Xbox Microsoft Controller.
- The Wireless Gaming Receiver allows you to use your wireless Xbox 360 Controller to play games on Windows Vista. The Wireless Gaming Receiver is pretty simple to hook up and install. You plug the receiver in via USB just as you would a receiver for a wireless keyboard or mouse.
Most of the hardcore gamers like me who love to play their favourite games with Xbox 360 controller instead of mouse or keyboard, as it provides a better Gaming experience. In that case, Xbox controller driver is required because this will help you to do the setup for Xbox 360 controller to enhance your gaming experience. So, In this article, we provided some solutions to fix Xbox 360 controller driver not working error. I am assuring you that by the end of this article, you will learn all the ways by which you can solve Xbox 360 controller windows 10 driver issues.
Also Read: How to Turn off Autoplay in YouTube
Free Download Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Driver 1.1 WHQL (Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels). - Windows Vista Support It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
- 1 Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Working – How to Fix
Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Working – How to Fix
If you are a professional gamer and play high end games on your Windows 10 PC or laptop then this article will help you. Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working is one of the irritating issues. But with the help of these simple solutions, you can easily fix this issue.
USB port troubleshooting
Sometimes due to corrupted USB drive, many users are facing Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working issues. As we know that Xbox 360 Controller for Windows needs a USB port. If the controller is not working correctly, find and use different USB port or USB cable.
Also if you don’t know your USB port is working fine or not, use it with a different computer.
You can also try to use an older version of Xbox 360 Controller Driver because some games only work with older version of Xbox 360 Controller.
List of Xbox 360 controller windows 10 driver errors :
The following are the various errors that are faced with the Xbox 360 Controller driver
- Xbox 360 Controller driver not Working error
- Blinking buttons error.
- Play and Charging issues.
- Steam issues.
- Errors with wired Xbox 360 Controller.
For Microsoft Xbox 360 Video game console the primary controller was Xbox 360 controller. It comes in both wired and wireless versions. These versions are also compatible with Microsoft PC operating systems, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Below are some of the working solutions to fix Xbox 360 Controller Driver not working issues in windows 10. You can any of them and resolve your issue.
Solution 1: Install the driver manually
This is the most efficient method to Fix Xbox 360 Controller not working since this solution can also work for third party receivers.
Point to Remember: Before following the below steps, just make sure that the device is plugged in.
Step 1: Go to the Search bar, type device manager and open it.
Step 2: Then the following window will appear, click “View” and choose “Show hidden devices”
Step 3: Now you need to find Xbox 360 peripherals.
Note: This category can be found under Universal Serial Bus devices option for some users
To some users, it can be found under Other Devices.
or else it can be found under the Xbox 360 Peripherals category.
Step 4: Right click the related driver of the Xbox 360 controller driver and choose update the driver.
Step 5: Then the following window will pop up. Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”.
Step 6: After that select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers” option, which will show you list of installed driver software compatible with the device then choose “Xbox 360 peripherals” and Click Next.
Step 7: Now choose the latest version of the device driver and click next. Ignore any warning messages by simply clicking OK and wait till the installation gets complete.
Step 8: Lastly, Hold the Bluetooth receiver button of your Xbox 360 controller for 3-4 seconds. That’s all now your computer will recognise the Xbox 360 controller.
Also read : How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10
If this method didn’t worked for you then try the remaining methods mentioned below.
Solution 2: Uninstall the driver and Install it Automatically
Point to Remember : Before following the below steps. Check whether your Xbox 360 controller is not plugged in.
Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and open it.
Step 2: In the device manager window, click the View Option. Then choose “show hidden devices” from the options list.
Step 3: Now you need to find Xbox 360 peripherals. ( This category can be found under Universal Serial Bus devices option for some users, or it can found under other devices options or else it can be found under the Xbox 360 Peripherals category. – To see images for finding Xbox 360 peripherals go to Step 3 in Solution 1)
Step 4: Right click on the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows . Choose Uninstall.
Step 5: After that you will be prompted to confirm, so check the checkbox “delete the driver software for this device” and press OK.
Step 6: Now, restart your system and when it restarts plug in the device “Xbox 360 controller”, then Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.
Solution 3: USB Port Troubleshooting
If the Xbox 360 controller is not working properly then make sure that the problem is not with the USB port. This is because Xbox controller in windows requires a powered USB port (USB 2.0 or 3.0 port), so you can try using different ports excluding USB hubs and the front ports of the PC.
- If there is no problem with USB Port you can observe a green light on the receiver which indicates that the unit is working properly.
PRO TIP :
Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver
- Front Ports : The ports which are present on the front side of the PC are not to be powered ports.
- Back Ports : And the ports which are present on the back side of the PC are the Powered USB ports. so prefer back ports to get the issue resolved.
Solution 4: Install the latest drivers
In case, the above two methods didn’t work for then the problem might because of the outdated drivers. You can download and install them from the Official Site.
These are the 4 easy and quick methods to fix Xbox 360 Controller not working in windows 10. Apart from that, Many users also queried about how to fix Xbox 360 Controller Steam issues and how to fix Xbox 360 Controller blinking buttons. So to help them fix these issues i have also provided detailed solutions to resolve them. If you are also facing the same issues then follow the mentioned solutions below and resolve your issue.
How to Fix Xbox 360 Controller Steam Issues
Many users reported that they are getting Game overlay appears instead of steam overlay whenever they are pressing the Xbox 360 controller centre button and complained that they are unable to access steam functions. To fix this problem follow the below methods.
Xbox 360 Driver For Win 7
Solution 1: By Disabling Game DVR
Step 1: Go to search bar and type Xbox and open it.
Step 2: Now go to settings, in the Xbox app.
Step 3: In the settings tab, click Game DVR and Disable the option “Take Screenshots using Game DVR”.
Solution 2: Unchecking the Options
Step 1: Whenever you are playing any steam game just press the Xbox 360 Controller’s centre button.
Step 2: Then uncheck the option Remember this application as a game in the Game overlay window.
Solution 3: Turn off Game bar
Step 1: Firstly, Press the Xbox 360 controller’s centre button.
Step 2: Now in order to access the Game bar, select the option “Yes this is a game“.
Step 3: Then click settings which can be found in the right side corner.
Step 4: After that, uncheck Open game bar using * on a controller.
Fix Xbox 360 Controller Blinking Button Issue
If you are facing the Xbox 360 controller blinking buttons error, then the problem might occur because of not downloading updates.
Solution 1: By Installing Latest Updates
Step 1: Go to start menu, search for settings and open it.
Step 2: Now in the select Update & Security.
Step 3: Choose Windows update from the left pane, and check for the available updates.
Step 4: After the completion of installing updates, restart your system. After restarting, check whether the issue resolved or not.
Solution 2: By Reconnecting the Controller
According to my research, most of the users experience this error after starting the windows from sleep mode. But don’t worry i can help you in fixing this error. All you need to do is just follow my instructions.
- For Wired Xbox 360 controller: In case if you are using wired Xbox 360 controller then just unplug the connection and reconnect to it.
- For Wireless Xbox 360 controller :If you own a wireless Xbox 360 controller then the above method won’t work for you. Sp to fix this issue, just unplug the Bluetooth receiver and reconnect it. Apart from that you need to pair your wireless Xbox 360 controller and Bluetooth receiver by pressing pairing button on Bluetooth receiver.
That’s all! I hope this article will be helpful in resolving your issue. If you still have any queries then please feel free to ask. You can also share your thoughts in the comment section below!