- How To Download Pdf To Ibooks On Mac
- How To Download Ibooks On Computer
- Where Are Ibooks Stored On Mac Mojave
- How To Download Ibooks On Macbook Air
How to transfer PDFs from your Mac or PC to iBooks on your iPhone. From a Mac (iBooks). Once it downloads and opens, long press on it to bring up the share. Read storybooks aloud with iBooks Storytime on Apple TV. Download or delete content If you want to read a book or listen to an audiobook when you're not connected to Wi-Fi or the Internet, you can download it to your iOS device or computer.
Now that you've got your new iPad and you've set it up perfectly, you'll definitely want to check out how awesome it is to read books on the gorgeous new retina display. Text looks better than ever and reading on an iPad has never been more enjoyable. Whether you want to use Apple's own iBooks service, Amazon's Kindle powerhouse, or something different, we've got you covered.
Apple's own iBooks and iBookstore are a great way to purchase and read books as well as save PDF documents from the web. Many free and paid books are available directly on your iPad through the iBookstore.
From the latest novels to the best non-fiction to high school textbooks to cartoons like Bloom County and comics from Marvel, you'll think you're looking at digital paper.
iBooks is a free download from the App Store.
Free - Download Now
Once you've got iBooks installed, it's simple to download books.
- Open iBooks and tap Store in the upper left hand corner. The bookshelf will turn around to show you the iBooks bookstore. You can browse for books from here just as you'd browse for apps or any other type of media in iTunes or the App Store.
- If you find a book you think you may be interested in, you can download a preview before buying if you'd like via the Get Sample button.
- Once you've decided to buy, just tap on the price and it'll ask you to tap it again to confirm the purchase.
- Enter in your iTunes password and your book will begin downloading.
- When you go into the iBooks app, you'll now see your new book on the book shelf. Just tap into it to start reading.
Kindle for iPad
iBooks isn't the only way you can read eBooks from your iPad. The Kindle app for iPad is a free download from the App Store and if you've already got a Kindle collection built, you'll probably want access to those books. Simply download the app and sign into your Amazon account to access all your purchased books. Best of all, it's just been updated for Retina on iPad.
Free - Download now
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.
Syncing Books between Mac and iPhone/iPad is quite simple. However, at times, you will have to go through some churning to sync some of your contents.
Amazon got there first, yes, but Apple managed to nail it right with Books. Amidst some new email correspondences between Jobs and News Corp (that controls HarperCollins), we learn that Apple was specifically intent on making Books a revolutionary product not just for iOS but the whole of the eBook publishing industry.
So by now, you’re probably having a sizable collection of Books which you read. Or maybe you’re just starting out with Books, and your collection is growing with all the new books you found on the Books store.
One of the coolest features of Books is that you can read something on your iPhone and then pick it up from where you left on the iPad and Mac. The sync feature of Books – which is usually enabled by default – works flawlessly. But then, there are cases and instances where Books doesn’t sync. It just doesn’t work. So how do you fix that?
How to Sync Books Between Mac and iPhone/iPad
Make sure you are using the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
- The books you have purchased from Books Store are automatically available in Books app across all of your devices.
- Likewise, the audiobooks you have purchased from the Books Store or iTunes Store are automatically available in iTunes on a Mac running iTunes 12.4 or later as well as the Books app on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9 and later.
- You also get the option to manually sync audiobooks from the iTunes Store using iTunes and USB.
On Your iPhone and iPad:
Step #1. Open Settings app on your iOS device → Scroll down and tap on Books.
Step #2. Now, make sure iCloud Drive toggled on.
On Your Mac:
Step #1. Launch Books on your Mac and then select Books menu → Now, click on Preferences.
Step #2. Make sure the General tab is selected, if it’s not already. Then you need to check the box for Sync bookmarks, highlights, and collections across devices.
Cannot Sync Books Between Mac and iPhone/iPad? Tips to Fix the Issue
If you aren’t able to sync books (purchased from Books or iTunes Store) from your iOS device to Mac or vice-versa, sign out of your account (Books and iTunes) both on your devices, reboot them and sign in to your account again.
In most cases, the content should sync across your devices. But if they, unfortunately, don’t, sync them manually.
How to Manually Sync Books/Audiobooks from Mac to iPhone/iPad
The contents you purchase from Books or iTunes are available across the devices. But the ones you didn’t buy from iTunes need to be synced manually.
The Type of Content You Can Sync with iTunes:
- With iTunes, you can sync several types content like albums, songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts, and audiobooks. Besides, you are also allowed to sync contacts, calendars as well as your device backups which you made using iTunes.
- If you want to sync photos and videos using iTunes, either use a supported photos app or sync from a specific folder on your computer.
Step #1. Connect your iOS device to the computer and launch iTunes.
Step #2. Now, select your device at the top left of the screen.
Step #3. Next, on the left of the iTunes windows, look for the content you want to sync with your iOS device.
Note: iTunes doesn’t let you sync specific contents like mail accounts, notes, or bookmarks. To sync them, you need to use iCloud.
How To Download Pdf To Ibooks On Mac
Step #4. Select the content type you wish to sync.
How To Download Ibooks On Computer
Step #5. In the main iTunes window, you have to check the box next to Sync to enable syncing for that content type.
Step #6. When you turn on syncing for a content type, you will get additional options to customize your sync settings. You can use these options to sync the preferred contents.
Step #7. Finally, click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the screen to save your sync settings.
Note: Just in case syncing doesn’t start automatically, you will have to click the Sync button.
Where Are Ibooks Stored On Mac Mojave
Now, content will sync each time you connect your iOS device to your computer and have iTunes open.
If a message appears that some of your content couldn’t sync, that means your computer might not be authorized for that type of content.
Hence, authorize your computer for the content you want to sync. Open iTunes → Account → Authorizations → Authorize This Computer.
How To Download Ibooks On Macbook Air
Have the solutions as mentioned earlier helped you? Let us know your feedback in the comments.
You might want to read these posts as well:
Download our app and remain connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram to read more such helpful guides.